Pumpkin Contest Runs October 14- October 28, 2019
Judging will be on October 29,2019
Announcement of winners will be on October 30, 2019
Please pick up all pumpkins no later than November 8! Pumpkins will be discarded if and when they become soft or moldy.
“Book Character” Pumpkin Decorating Contest
The Holley Elementary School Library is sponsoring a pumpkin decorating contest for all Pre-K-6th grade students who would like to participate. Contest rules are as follows:
1. The theme for the pumpkin contest is “My Favorite Book Character” You may pick any character from any book you have read.
2. Pumpkins are to be painted or decorated. Acrylic paints, spray paint, or permanent markers work best. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, old costumes, paper plates, cups etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin.
3. Absolutely NO CARVED pumpkins!!!! Carved pumpkins rot, attract insects and smell. Carved pumpkins will not be accepted into the contest and will be sent back home. Also, please do not puncture your pumpkins to attach items. Hot glue guns work wonderful. Any holes put in pumpkins will increase the chances that it will rot before judging.
4. There may be only one entry per student, clearly identified on the 3 by 5 index card: If you need an index card, please stop by the library and grab one!
5. All entries are due on or before October 28th. Pumpkins should be brought to the library. No late entries will be accepted. Students can start bringing pumpkins as soon as possible beginning on October 14th. All entries will be on display in the library for all to enjoy.
6. There will be a first, second and third place winner from Pre-k- Kindergarten entries, 1st-2nd grade entries, 3rd -4th grade entries, and 5th -6th grade entries. Prizes will also be awarded for classroom pumpkins. Winners will be awarded on Wednesday, October 30st.
7. All pumpkins must be picked up from the library and taken home by November 7th. If pumpkins are remaining, they will be discarded after this date. If they begin to rot at any time, they will be discarded.
8. Participation is totally voluntary: the project should be done primarily by the student with help from family members if needed.